Building Developments Update 3 (BDU3)
17 April 2018
Armfield Academy – Building Developments Update 3 (BDU3)
BDU3 – Date: Tuesday 17th April 2018
“Welcome to our third BDU which gives readers an insight into the building developments currently taking place on the academy sites to the north and south of Arnold Avenue.
The South Buildings will be ready in time for our September 2018 intake of 160 Year 7 students and 60 Reception students. The bullet points below identify what specific actions are currently underway and what will follow.
Please see the architectural elevations on BDU1 (please click latest news) of how our fantastic new Armfield Academy will look. I intend to post further regular BDUs with photographs on a monthly basis. Thank you for your continued support”.
John Topping, FCAT Community Relations and Estates Lead
Email – email@example.com
Armfield BDU 3 - South Buildings
- Window/Glass installation progressing on all elevation,
- Roof Works at 95% complete with fascia battens installed for new fascia cladding
- Plastering to upper floor to be complete by end of next week
- All timber floors to first floor replaced with new moisture resistant chipboard
- Kitchen Roof Joists underway
- Mechanical & Electrical 1st fix works complete and installation of new Boiler House underway
- Attenuation tank to Lytham Road elevation complete and formation of new car park underway.
Armfield BDU 3 - North Buildings
- Piling was completed Wednesday 11/4/18 ahead of schedule.
- Next operation to be piles to be cropped to correct level and rebar for pile caps/ring beams to commence end of next week.
- Opening up for the new windows being undertaken – First Floor windows to be obscure glazing to prevent anyone from being overlooked.
- Blockwork to form new room layouts underway
- Mechanical & Electrical 1st fix works complete
- New Windows due next week
- Plaster/Partition works to commence next week
Design Technology Building
- Soft Strip demolition works ongoing and to be completed next week
- Boiler House works to commence at end of the month.