Building Developments Update 1 (BDU)
8 February 2018
Armfield Academy – Building Developments Update (BDU)
BDU1 – Date: Thursday 8 February 2018
“Welcome to our first BDU which gives readers an insight into the building developments currently taking place on the academy sites to the north and south of Arnold Avenue.
The South Buildings will be ready in time for our September 2018 intake of 160 Year 7 students and 60 Reception students. The bullet points below identify what specific actions are currently underway and what will follow.
Please see the architectural elevations of how our fantastic new Armfield Academy will look. I intend to post further regular BDUs with photographs on a monthly basis. Thank you for your continued support”.
John Topping, FCAT Community Relations and Estates Lead
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Main Contractor – CONLON Construction
Academy PLANS (North and South) - CLICK TO VIEW LARGER
Armfield BDU 1 - South Building Refurbishment
South Buildings (above)
- All internal demolition completed
- Internal structural modifications making good progress
- All window frames and glazing being installed week commencing 12 February
- Complete new roof covering making good progress
- Internal fit out of all mechanical and electrical engineering and joinery to commence
Armfield BDU 1 - North Building
North Buildings (above)
- Main demolition making good progress, to be completed by end of March
- Foundation engineering and piling due to commence in early April, to be followed by external masonry walls
Armfield BDU 1 - Car Park
Playing Field facing end of First Avenue (above)
- Construction of tarmacadam surface car park for 36 spaces in total. (32 non-disabled users and 4 disabled users). This facility will be used daily upon completion.